use-livecode Digest, Vol 99, Issue 23

Sieg Lindstrom sl at trackandfieldnews.com
Tue Dec 13 20:11:46 EST 2011

Thanks Bob & Mark. Bob's fix sounds like the ticket. As to whether I'd blame
Microsoft or RunRev, my first inclination is to blame Microsoft. However,
this is the third time I've had to retool for different handling of
characters like the em dash over several updates of RunRev/LiveCode, always
pasted from the same version of Word.

At one time the em dash (and there are other characters with similar
problems) pasted into RunRev as chartonum 20 followed by chartonum 32. Then
in a later RunRev update it came in as the reverse, chartonum 32 followed by
chartonum 20. Now it disappears entirely on paste.

I'd also note that an em dash pasted from Open Office appears when you paste
it into a field but then if you manipulate that text with a handler and put
it back into the field, it "shows" as an invisible chartonum 21 followed by
chartonum 32.

The clipboard conversions have been inconsistent over time. Thanks.

Sieg