Running a multiline shell command

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Dec 13 12:35:56 EST 2011

Oh interesting. I've been suspecting it was the particular shell that Livecode uses by default (I learned that from prior posts). Also, does using variables like that mask the actual username and password in the shell window? the downside to my method is that it opens a new shell window and then merrily echo's everything including the user name and password, there for everyone to see. Since I am not activating Terminal, it runs in the background, but that is no guarantee that no one will see it.

Bob