sort by length of line (Weird)

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 20:18:26 EST 2011

I wanted a text sort. I see that LC resolves the length function as a number, the length of the line in question loaded into the local variable each. So a word with 10 chars is sorted before a word with 9 chars.

It is the loading of "each" that makes this correct, and sensible. Mark, you will agree if you think about it. It isn't a matter of LC being friendly, as I so glibly suggested.

Sorting numeric fixes the misunderstanding. I see, more and more, that this is proper behavior for LC, given the strict syntax of the function.

I'm OK with it.

Craig