[OT] Ghostery

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Mon Dec 12 18:26:07 EST 2011

On 03.08.2011 at 10:52 Uhr -0500 J. Landman Gay apparently wrote:

>I've been using NoScript for years. Last week I discovered Ghostery.
>It lets you know what sites are tracking you and allows you to block
>the trackers. I have been appalled by what's been going on without
>my knowledge. Some sites have a dozen or more trackers and web bugs
>installed.
>
>--
>Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com
>HyperActive Software           |     http://www.hyperactivesw.com

Has anyone noticed a memory leak when using Ghostery in Safari? Snow
Leopard 10.6.8, Safari 5.1.2. When Ghostery is inactive, the memory
stays low for days. With Ghostery, I seem to have a slow leakage
which accelates at some point. It might not be Ghostery itself, of
course, but some combination of programs but Ghostery is definitely
involved.

Robert