sort by length of line (Weird)

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Mon Dec 12 11:55:23 EST 2011

Hmmm.

All that is what I tried in the first place, before writing everyone.

It turns out that I have a list that does not quite work, and that is what threw me. Can anyone verify that the following lines will not quite sort correctlyt?

DEZINCKING
RAZORBACKS
ZOOPLANKTONIC
ZINCKY
ZEBECK
ZADDICK
ZEBECKS
ZINCKED
ZIPLOCK
KAZACHKI
KAZACHOK
ZINCKING
ZWIEBACK
DEZINCKED
RAZORBACK
ZWIEBACKS

Put this list into a variable or field, and sort by the length of each. I get the same data back unchanged.

Other data does work as advertised. What is so special about it?

Thanks,

Craig Newman