ios image file names.

Andrew Henshaw henshaw at me.com
Sun Dec 11 16:41:46 EST 2011

If you run the mac console app this will output simulator errors or 'put' messages in your code,  or if its a device you can track the messages in xcode.  Paths are pretty specific,  I find keeping everything lower case really helps.

Some really useful code someone posted a while back is using the errorDialog if you are not using it already as the iOS engine can happily discard errors and plod on,  but adding the following lines to the main stack can often find problems really quickly....

on errorDialog pExecutionError, pParseError
      if item 2 of line 1 of pExecutionError is 0 then
             answer "An error occurred " & cr & cr &  pExecutionError
         else
             answer "An error occurred on line: " & item 2 of line 1 of pExecutionError
       end if
end errorDialog

I comment them out when its ready for a final release,  but during the debug stages they can be life savers!

As for (2),  ive had the same issue for a while and from memory its not one Runrev managed to replicate.  All I do after the first time i use the simulator is as soon as I click test,  I then click on the simulator window and it loads quickly without the warning.  If its the first time I just click on the simulator and ignore the warning!

Andy