ios image file names.

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 11 16:38:00 EST 2011

On 12/11/11 1:55 PM, edward cawley wrote:
> how can I see what is happening in the
> simulator, what is it downloading? I can't check it on the desktop
> since I get an execution error on the ios control command?

You can log whatever you need in the simulator, and the output will show
up in the Console application. Whenever you want to see the result of a
command or the value of a variable, use a plain "put":

put "http://www.whatever.com" into tURL
put tURL -- sends the variable value to Console

I often create a handler called "log" so that I don't have to track down
and remove all those "puts" later on:

on log pData
   put pData
end log

Then whenever I need to see output, I just add a "log" command to my
handlers:

   log "Variable value is:" && myVar

If you don't want all that output showing up in Console in your final
standalone, just comment out the body of the log handler before you
build and nothing will happen. (Don't remove the whole handler or you'll
get a "handler not found" error.)

Keep Console open at the same time as the simulator, with All Messages
showing. You'll see the "put" commands go scrolling by. You can filter
the output so it's easier to see by filtering for the simulator only,
whose name escapes me right now, but you'll see it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com