iPad app with only a Win PC

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Fri Dec 9 14:54:55 EST 2011

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:

> Did they figure out the 3D graphic drivers? We had a "Hackintosh" which
> worked really well for ripping DVD videos (relax they were Bible Studies)
> and I was so impressed, I asked the guy to build me a Hackintosh of my own
> with all the best hardware, but ONLY if it could play 3d graphic games. We
> never got the drivers to work on the original machine, so I gave up on that.
>
> Bob

I read on their site, or in a forum, that if the PC has a mid to high-end
nVidia video card, they will "just work", including QE and OpenGL
rendering, just like the real deal.  I think much progress has been made,
which is why I think Apple should just go ahead and sell a PC version, or
even the same version, and simply allow community support if they don't
want to use their own paid resources.  True fans of the total package would
still buy their hardware from Apple, if for no other reason than the slick
styling of the Apple brand.  Many people who already have a decent PC and
are fed up with virus attacks would probably switch to OS X.  That's why I
use Ubuntu.

~Roger