"do not back up" attribute iOS

ddas dev at digifilm.com
Fri Dec 9 13:09:15 EST 2011

Nothing dramatic if the following piece of code is incorporated.

Listing 1  Setting the Extended Attribute

#include <sys/xattr.h>
- (BOOL)addSkipBackupAttributeToItemAtURL:(NSURL *)URL
{
    const char* filePath = [[URL path] fileSystemRepresentation];

    const char* attrName = "com.apple.MobileBackup";
    u_int8_t attrValue = 1;

    int result = setxattr(filePath, attrName, &attrValue, sizeof(attrValue), 0, 0);
    return result == 0;
}