Tab Order Property?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Thu Dec 8 10:50:05 EST 2011

> Also I discovered a bit of a flaw in my code. If I click on a field that is a part of a group then I will likely throw an error, because you cannot set a fields layer to something higher than the layer of the highest layered object in the group. In other words, you have to change the layer of the entire group, not just the field itself. Hence the following update:
>
> on clickOrder
>    put the selectedobjects into theObjectList
>    repeat for each line theObject in theObjectList
>        if "of group" is in theObject then
>            put wordoffset("group", theObject) into firstWord
>            put word firstWord to -1 of theObject into theNewObject
>            set the layer of theNewObject to top
>        else
>            set the layer of theObject to top
>        end if
>    end repeat
> end clickOrder

Good update, Bob, but if you happen to select multiple items in the same group, then the group itself will come to the front multiple times. So either you'd have to go with 'selectGroupedControls' turned off and not adjust the layer of objects inside of groups, or you'd need to expand the code to handle relayering objects inside of groups (I know that someone posted a bit of code to do this a few months ago).

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software, Inc.
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com
Web Site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/