Image Cropping Tool for Livecode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Dec 4 23:55:12 EST 2011

On 12/4/11 10:16 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Sunday, December 4, 2011, 7:37:07 PM, you wrote:
>
>> If you hold down the command key while resizing an image, it gets
>> cropped to the new size. There's no warning, it just happens.
>
> !!! I'm constantly amazed by the things people around here know.
> AFAICT this isn't documented anywhere other than a user-supplied note
> in the dictionary under the crop command.

I mostly remember it because I was so pleased when it was added to the
engine, and I use it periodically. Holding the Shift key down will
resize while maintaining the image ratio too. So a quick way to resize
and permanently set imagedata is to shift-drag to the size you want,
then command-jiggle a corner handle by one pixel and back. That way you
don't have to mess with "set the imagedata of img 1 to the imagedata of
img 1" in the message box.

But that may not be what's wanted here. I suspect a cropping tool would
use real pixel values, and a resizeable graphic to serve as a cropping
frame. I haven't written one of those but maybe someone else has.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com