[OT}] Hypercard and an uneasy read.

Pierre Sahores sc at sahores-conseil.com
Fri Dec 2 12:27:36 EST 2011

Le 2 déc. 2011 à 14:55, René Micout a écrit :

> Le 2 déc. 2011 à 14:32, Pierre Sahores a écrit :
>
>> the workflow we need to build to solve the initial defined customer's need.
>
> Bonjour Pierre,

Bonsoir René,

> A little precision : with HC the initial customer and programmer was the same person...
> I think that will be the same with LC... But is really the case?

Probably not... Perhaps that a multileveled LC Media where features could be shown/hidden on demand "à la Hypercard 2" (remember its 5 distinct levels of functionalities) would help hobbysts and new comers to makes it learning curve more affordable ?

> Or is LC becomes a language like another ?

Surely not ;D We just need to remind in what the xtalk paradigm adds in creativity and methodology freedom terms to academic programming to get the answer to this. To the end, methodology makes always the main difference and it's perhaps why some very great frameworks (JQuery) or coding habits can greatly help to make JS, PHP and other... lots more productive than they would mostly seems instead. LC is king-sized about productivity and its the less we can do to remember it, time to time ;-)

What i mostly loved LC for, about the last two years of works, is the way this XTalk helped me to design new kind of web apps in implementing them in using a "Operational semantic programming" (Programmation sémantique opérationnelle) way to go, lots ahead before what the theory purpose in academic course about this since 2006 (Ecole Polytechnique, ENS,...).

Because LC, we can yet code in using OSP (PSO) to design our applications in an incredible productive way :

Operational semantic programming is an innovative methodology that allows us to regain control of the software complexity with a simple unified approach that encompasses both the information system architecture as the technical implementation of the code.

It is based on the linking of two simple structures:

- The flow algorithm, such as patterns of 2D representation of the complexity of the software process model, where vertices represent functions and edges the messages;

- Procedural programming - modular and structured - organizing the call of highly specialized functions, representing each, the first element of the dismemberment of the complexity of the entire code (or a subset of code) used by simple reading of the 2D modeling scheme in the composition of the computer program completed or under development.

Better than UML2, Operational semantic programming is probably a unique way to give its "music theory" to the programming work (art of) ...

Even if OSP can applies to any programming language suited to meet its principles (Javascript, PHP, C,...), all languages are not equal against OSP and XTalk are probably the most well suited for this, while Java SE 7 could, perhaps..., be the worst !

Kind regards,