Reacting to the user cancelling a print job

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Dec 1 12:05:18 EST 2011

Is there any way to detect that the user is clicking the 'cancel' button on
the 'printing' dialog that appears while printing from LiveCode?

During testing, if I want to cancel an exceptionally long job <cough>infinite
loop in code</cough>  I'm a bit stuck.

I can click the 'cancel' button, and the UI reacts (the message above the
barber pole changes to "Canceling") but LiveCode doesn't, and I can't figure
out where I'd see in code that the user is pressing it.  (On the other hand I
also can't use command-period to halt the <cough>buggy</cough> script,
presumably because the 'printing in progress' dialog catches the keyboard event.)

Is there a solution to this conundrum?

TIA

Ben