Would you say Live Code competes with this?

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Thu Dec 1 09:29:28 EST 2011

I recently thought about buying the Dark Basic AGK product because
I do own their Dark Basic Pro line of products.

However, to me, Live
Code with the animation engine is nearly identical - what do you think?

Here is the link:

http://www.appgamekit.com/about-agk.php [1]

It
has 2D only game/app creation in a variety of platforms, one of which is
not supported by Live Code that I know of.

It has a good particle
engine, can play and mix sound, but not record it.

It cannot play
video yet (except on Mac/PC) on mobile devices.

It has a robust 2D
game engine - will eventually be 3D - and a level editor/menu editor.

It has box physics.

Uses either Basic or c++ - fast either way from
what it says.

Does Live Code, with the Animation Engine, compete with
this product (so I do not buy something that duplicates what I already
own)?

I can deploy to Mac/PC/IOS/Android/Web currently. I do have the
latest version with the Animation Engine and MobGUI.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.appgamekit.com/about-agk.php