Sound formats on Android

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Aug 28 22:01:13 EDT 2011

On 8/28/11 7:57 PM, Admin wrote:

> Try 44.1khz, 16 bit stereo wave files. Also try aiff files of the
> same bit rate and hz. Download wavosaur - very good editor and free.

I don't see AIFF in the supported list. I've been staring at this for a
couple of days:
<http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/media-formats.html>

I don't know what some of it means, which is why I could use some
specific info about what to choose in the editor. My sounds were
originally 44.1khz .au but only one would play after I converted them.
That's when I started trying to fix them.

The list says mono is supported but sounds I've used successfully in
other apps have all been stereo, I think. Maybe that matters.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com