Sound formats on Android

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Sun Aug 28 20:57:12 EDT 2011

Try 44.1khz, 16 bit stereo wave files. Also try aiff files of the
same bit rate and hz. Download wavosaur - very good editor and free.

Mike

On Sun, 28 Aug 2011 18:27:16 -0500, J. Landman Gay wrote:

have five sound effects I need to play on Android. Originally I

converted them to mp3 but only one would play, so I started working with

> .wav files, with the same results (but at least I got an error in
"the
> result" with wavs -- sound format not supported.) These are all
mono
> channel sounds.
>
> So I re-saved them in various ways with
little success. I have access
> only to Sox and Audacity. The best
results were at 22050 hz, 32-bit
> float. When I save them all that
way, three will play. Two will not. As
> far as I can tell they have
all been saved with identical settings, but
> I could be missing
something.

> Could someone suggest the best settings to use and how
to accomplish
> that in one of those two programs? Sox uses terminology
I don't
> understand (bytes, words) and Audacity seems to give erratic
results.