iOS UIWebView/MOBGui overlay question

Maarten Koopmans maarten.koopmans at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 06:35:01 EDT 2011

You can't make controls on top of a fullscreen UIWebView. You can make a
UIWebView that has limited size and put controls around it. In fact, one of
the mobile examples in the iOS pack is a little web browser that does just
that.

MobGui is a cleverly designed set of grouped controls for iOS (and from what
I know Android is coming).

Imho, both are well worth the money.

--Maarten

On Saturday, August 27, 2011, Ian Wood <revlist at azurevision.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> After a long time not being very active on the list I'm gearing up for
some iOS development and have a very specific make-or-break question before
buying the iOS deployment add-on:

> A card has a UIWebView control on it. Can I have other controls showing in
front of the web area? If I can, is performance/scrolling etc. in the
webview going to suffer badly?

> Long version - I need to show HTML content fullscreen but still have some
controls shown in front of the webview, preferably with some transparency.
As an example, look at the controls in GoodReader when viewing locally saved
HTML content.