LC --> Website ?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Aug 27 23:59:40 EDT 2011

Hi Bob,

Even if you want to run on RevServer, the LC generated still needs to handle
HTML/CSS-- so knowledge of them is essential. Dan's doing well. I'll mention
you said hi on Monday when I next talk with him.

On Saturday, August 27, 2011, Bob Earp <rjearp at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Chip,
> It certainly would be cool !!  But don't we have a half-way (at least)
solution using LiveCode ?   If Timothy wishes to use the ease/features of
LiveCode, couldn't he host his existing site on the on-Rev server and then
plonk chunks of LV functionality on his pages ?

> What would be the downside of that ?
>
> best, Bob.
>
> PS, best to Dan when you see him next.
>

> Bob Earp
> White Rock, British Columbia.
>
>> Hi Timothy,
>>
>> The simple answer to your question is, nope. You can't just design your
website on cards and have it convert to a website-- wouldn't that be cool if
you could!

>> Websites are typically created from HTML, CSS, and sometimes serverside
scripting which helps fill in the dynamic portions of the website. Sometimes
database calls also need to be made as well.

>> You can use LC for the serverside scripting, but you'll still need to do
the HTML and CSS for the look and feel for your website. If this is all a
bit complicated, you may want to try some of the self serve website builders
available out there. Many of them require no previous knowledge of HTML,
CSS, or scripting whatsoever