LC --> Website ?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Fri Aug 26 21:47:41 EDT 2011

There is a stack from Andre that is a web server. You can hit it with a get or a post and it will process whatever you have scripted and then return a result. I run in on a port other than 80 because I don't want to disable Apache (remember it is it's own web server). The big disadvantage is that it is one user at a time. Command comes in and gets replied to before the next command can come in and get processed. The big advantage is that I can run it in the IDE and step through the code.

I'm attempting to learn LiveCode Server specifically because it is more like a "normal" CGI. The commands come into Apache and Apache handles the juggling of all the connections. More mainstream, more industrial, but way less documentation and examples.

Kee Nethery