Android's mobileDeviceInfo

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Aug 25 00:32:24 EDT 2011

On 8/24/11 9:03 PM, Maarten Koopmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If you look in the Android release notes ( p27) you'll see a function
> mobileDeviceInfo. I've tested it like this:
>
> on mouseUp
>    ask mobileDeviceInfo("DISPLAY") with "OK"
> end mouseUp
>
> with a simple Android stack and one button. Also tried other fields like
> HOST (the one I actually need) and ID. Neither the simulator, my Samsung
> Galaxy S or my HTC Flyer show a dialog. Asking just a static string works
> fine.

Do you mean "answer"? "Ask" is for getting user input. The way it's
written above, the device info would be shown as the prompt. In either
case, apparently the engine isn't evaluating the function.

If "answer" also doesn't work, try moving the function outside of the
answer command, like this:

put mobileDeviceInfo("DISPLAY") into tDeviceInfo
answer tDeviceInfo

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com