iOS external won't load

Maarten Koopmans maarten.koopmans at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 22:05:43 EDT 2011

Hi again Mark,

Let's see if I can confirm then. What's your LC version, OS version, XCode
version and SDK version (7?).

--Maarten

On Wednesday, August 24, 2011, Mark Schonewille <
m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:
> Hi again, Maarten,
>
> Yesterday and today, I did a lot of testing with externals. I was able to
compile the sample external rresocket and included this external in a
standalone. The standalone was built from the stack included with the sample
XCode project provided by RunRev. When I tested the standalone, it ran fine
in both the simulator and on my iPhone.

> Then I created a very simple hello-world external from the template, quite
similar to yours. The template can be selected after you choose New from
XCode's file menu. I followed exactly the same steps as with the sample
external. I was able to run it in the simulator but when I installed it on
my iPhone, it crashed with the same console messages you posted.

> For now, my conclusion is that the sample externals run fine, but
externals created with the template won't work. I hope that anyone can
confirm this.

http://qery.us/v4 A must-have for LiveCode programmers.

> On 24 aug 2011, at 20:41, Maarten Koopmans wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> My external name is not all lowercase, I'll try that first. Otherwise
I'll