Confused about storing arrays in a custom property

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Aug 20 17:28:47 EDT 2011

Pete wrote:
> Next issue is using combine and split with multidimensional arrays.  It
> seems like they only work for a single dimension array.  I guess to use them
> with multidimensional arrays, you have to apply them to each level of array
> key?  Maybe a recursive function of some sort?

Split and combine translate data to and from simple delimited lists, and
since lists aren't hierarchical by nature there is no meaningful action
that can be performed with those commands on multi-level data.

If the goal is to store an array on disk for later use, see the
arrayEncode and arrayDecode functions.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World