And What About the Internet Date and Time?

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Thu Aug 18 16:03:13 EDT 2011

Hello again everyone,

Okay, please don’t hate me.  I'm still trying to nail down a reasonably accurate system-independent date and time stamp to use in my student client app that will submit and retrieve data from my Mac.  I will post a modest enhancement to Stephan Barncard’s excellent returnNISTime function shortly.

My question is, How does LiveCode know the local computer’s time zone when we ask for the date in the Internet Date format?  My guess is that the computer’s owner has to have set it.  And if the person is on the move, it may be incorrect even if it was set at their primary location.  Yes?

Gregory