How To Edit Datagrid Column Template?

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Aug 17 22:06:16 EDT 2011

Yes, it's confusing!  Have you already tried customising a column by
clicking the column behavior button?  That should be the only way it would
be highlighted and the add button disabled.  From the way you describe it,
here's what I think you should see

First click the Row Template button as you mentioned.  On the resulting
card, you should see a grey bar at the top - that's the row template (for
all the columns).  Select that and click the "Edit Group" button in the LC
toolstrip at the top of the screen.  Then click on the grey bar at various
places until you see the name of your column in the stack's title bar.
 Alternatively, you can select on the datagrid's template card in the Data
grid Templates stack, then click on the column name within the row template
group and that will hilite it for you.  Then click edit Group again and you
should then be able to add whatever you want to the column (checkbox, option
menu,etc).  When you're done, click Edit Group again, close and save and you
should be done.

One other thing - you won;t see any of your customisations until there is
data in the datagrid which can lead you to believe the customisation didn't
work.

Pete