DataGrid Allow Editing of Columns Only?

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 18:17:31 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:08 PM, Pete <pete at mollysrevenge.com> wrote:
> I've found that dgcolumniseditable only seems to affect text columns. If you
> have customised a column to include, for example, an option menu, you can
> still select an option from it even if the dgcolumniseditable is set to
> false.  The only difference that property seems to make on non-text columns
> when it is set to false is that if you are tabbing through columns in a row,
> the non-text column is skipped over if dgeditable is set to false.

The dgcolumniseditable property is managed for fields in the default
column behavior. This is the "standard" behavior for a datagrid.
As soon as you have customized a column, you are detached of this
standard behavior and you have to manage more things by hand.

However even it is not managed, the dgColumnIsEditable exists for the
column and is still usable, so you can easily handle it yourself.
Example:

on FillInData pData
      set the enabled of btn "MyPrettyOptionMenu" of me to the
dgColumnIsEditable[the dgColumn of me] of the dgControl of me
end FillInData

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)