Retrieving Date and Time From The Internet

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Tue Aug 16 17:10:20 EDT 2011

On Tuesday, August 16, 2011 11:13:58 AM Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Okay, I contacted the USNO site via email and requested that they include the year in the returned date/time.

You could try this:

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_CA-QC.aspx

Your time info is here in the html it returns (example):

                                                5:10 PM
                                        <strong>
                                            Tuesday, August 16, 2011</strong>
                                            Eastern Daylight Time (EDT) -0400 UTC

Isolate this from the rest of the source and filter out the lines that begin with <, and you'll have what you're looking for. If you want a different city, just select one
from the list and copy that URL.

Warren