Double byte trouble

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Aug 16 15:51:48 EDT 2011

Hi Richmond,

I wrote this yesterday already. The availability of byte and char indicate that RunRev is aware of this problem. Unfortunately, RunRev hasn't actually taken action to solve it yet.

For now, it is just a fact that fields who have the unicodeText property set, need two bytes for a character and will return only the first byte of a character when you retrieve char 1 of that field.

That said, have you tried getting char 1 of the text of fld x? Does that help?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com