Using the Detailed Files Function to Get Info From a Remote Machine

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Tue Aug 16 11:20:35 EDT 2011

Gregory,

You can't access remote machines unless they have an FTP server or something
similar or you can mount their volumes as a disk. If you mount the remote
machine volumes, then you can use the detailed files but I think that
appleshare file sharing only works on LAN.

You best option would be to use:

libURLSetFTPListCommand "LIST"
put url "ftp://myserver/files/"

I think LIST is the default choice, so you should already see something
similar to the detailed files. If your remote mac has no FTP server enabled
and it is not on LAN with File Sharing enabled, then unless you have
something running there, you can't get a file listing.

andre

source: http://docs.runrev.com/Command/libURLSetFTPListCommand