player object problem on Win7

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Aug 15 02:01:38 EDT 2011

AFAIK, Neither LiveCode nor Windows has ever included a QuickTime installer.

In answer to your question, yes, to get the most functionality from a player, the user must have QuickTime installed.  Otherwise, playback features are quite limited.  This is why many of us have been requesting for years that the RunRev folks license a media player technology that could be included in the engine, rather than relying on QuickTime.  The media support available from QuickTime is great, but the need to install it is off-putting for many non-Mac users.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design