player object problem on Win7

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 00:24:07 EDT 2011

Hi.

A stack and its standalone version work fine in WinXP but not in Win7.

The problem relates to the player object. It's filename gets set to an
url on my webserver, and the url is a reference to an MP4 video. When
the Win7 version sets the player object to the filename, both the
stack in the IDE  and the standalone version slow down. The
stack/standalone are still active (eg, buttons are still clickable),
just very long wait times.

And I very much doubt the problem relates to firewalls or passwords,
since the stack also refers via url to jpg and txt files on the same
webserver and these get downloaded ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

--