[OT] Internet Censorship

dirk cleenwerck dirk.cleenwerck at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 06:34:13 EDT 2011

But we don't distribute our software through mega-corporations that then
collect and keep most of the proceeds.
Even Apple only collects 30% for being a channel where we sell our software.
I would bet that if the corporations gave the artist an honest part of the
money they collect from sales, the artists would be much better off.
It's a bit simplistic to blame the fact that it's hard to make money making
music on just illegal downloads (I use iTunes myself, but always wonder how
much of the money I pay actually ends up with the artist).
The corporations collect the money and pay out what they see as fair,
whether it is for sales of cd's, legal music downloads, airplay on the radio
or even live performances. I consider the tactics used by the music and
movie industry to be only one step away from the mafia.
The day might come where everybody gets monitored on the internet at the ISP
level and people organizing spring revolutions get put in jail thanks to the
tech put in place by the music and movie industry.

And when it comes to having a right to the money of the rich, I think you
would have president Obama on your side.

Dirk Cleenwerck.