Back to LC & Inventive Users

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Fri Aug 12 06:11:06 EDT 2011

I should mention, when I talked about importing graphics, I meant background
graphics for the master card, so as to personalize the stack and hopefully
make it more fun for the student. Nothing too advanced!

FWIW, I wouldn't delve too much into the whole IDE and language at this
stage, but focus more on letting them play around and ask questions. In and
right after college, I taught tennis at a few tennis clubs, and the goal at
first was just to have the student make contact with the ball and get it
over the net. They could hold the racquet however they wanted, with one or
two hands. We didnt care about footwork, only that they try and hit the ball
in the center of the racquet and over the net.

We didn't teach technique until they could at least knock it around a bit.
I've always thought it a great way to teach a subject by letting the process
of curiosity and discovery create further interest, then move on to the
specific techniques and rote implementations. Just 2 cents.

--
Chipp Walters
CEO, Shafer Walters Group, Inc.