dispatch and the target

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Fri Aug 12 01:43:14 EDT 2011

Pete-

> The dispatch methodology works fine but I'm finding that using "the target"
> or "me" in the external stack's handler resolves to the external library
> stack file not the stack that issued the dispatch command.  I can, of
> course, include the name of the dispatching stack as a parameter to the
> handler but I'm wondering if there is a way to track down the dispatching
> stack's name in these circumstances.

In short, if you've gotten into this situation then it's time to
rearchitect your application. You shouldn't have to ask this question.
You're fighting the message path, and while what you want to do can be
done, it ain't the right way to do things.

That said, if you don't want to pass the calling stack as an argument
you need to look at the executionContexts to get the call stack.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net