dispatch and the target

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Aug 12 00:41:49 EDT 2011

I have a situation where I want to dispatch a message from a preopenstack
handler to a stack in an external library stack which, at the time of the
dispatch, has not yet been loaded into memory.  The handler for the message
in the external stack carries out various initialization functions,
including setting a custom property in the the stack that issued the
dispatch command.

The dispatch methodology works fine but I'm finding that using "the target"
or "me" in the external stack's handler resolves to the external library
stack file not the stack that issued the dispatch command.  I can, of
course, include the name of the dispatching stack as a parameter to the
handler but I'm wondering if there is a way to track down the dispatching
stack's name in these circumstances.

Thanks,

Pete