[OT] Internet Censorship

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Aug 11 13:35:25 EDT 2011

I feel your pain warren as I am also a musician. But I am not making the argument that people should not profit from their gifts. God knows none of the very talented people who use Livecode would lift a finger if that were the case! I am saying that when Christians need a corporate machine to eke out every last penny from everyone they can, when they won't play anywhere for less that $xxxx.xx dollars, when they insist on special cuisine, cooked just so, and special accommodations for their entourage, and have a highly paid agent to make sure all this falls into place for them, I am suggesting they may have missed the point.

At least for Christian artists, they ought to be willing to go anywhere and play for free, aside from their normal profession, if the situation warrants it. And they shouldn't punish the few Christian Radio Stations who play their music, without whose support they would have gotten no exposure in the first place.

I guess there is a balance to everything.

Bob