AW: how can I wait for revCopyFolder execution?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Aug 11 08:15:02 EDT 2011

Hi Tiemo,

Actually, LiveCode waits until the AppleScript returns a value, indicating successful compilation or failure, but it returns this value before the copying has finished. So, it is a combination of AppleScript returning a value early and LiveCode not reading additional results from AppleScript.

It is possible to return a value from AppleScript to LiveCode:

-- cScript custom prop
set x to 1+1
return x

--inside LiveCode:
put the cScript of me into myScript
do myScript as AppleScript
put the result

You could try to return the message instead of running a LiveCode script inside AppleScript and see whether AppleScript waits for the copying to finish until it returns that value. The script would look like this (pseudocode):

try
	copy
on error
	return value
end try
return different value

Other commands that don't wait are open process and IIRC the popup command. I'm sure there are a few more but I don't know the entire list by heart.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com