[OT] Internet Censorship

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:17:45 EDT 2011

This whole thing seems laughable:

When I was 13 my Mum and Dad bought me a radio-cassette recorder, and
I merrily recorded all the songs on the radio that I liked, and recorded
quite a few songs from gramophone records that belonged to friends of
mine who could afford that sort of thing.

At no time (1975-6-7-8) did ANYBODY tell that I was breaking the law,
or, even, being "naughty".

I, later, bought half a dozen of the records I had previously taped, so
that I could pose to my "friends" with the record covers.

Presumably, all across Britain (at least) teenagers were doing this all
the time. How
odd that it never seemed an issue.

Rod Stewart still made millions, as did Kate Bush, Devo and Kraftwerk . . .

I CAN understand that copying music and subsequently making money out of
it is a bit infra dig.

What a load of codswallop!