Adding tracks

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Aug 11 01:42:39 EDT 2011

That's a lot of questions you have there.

The general opinion I'll toss out is on the issue of managing tracks, since
this seems to be the core of your application.  IMO, you'll be hard pressed
to do what you describe using native capabilities of LiveCode -- it's not
really suited to playing tracks back-to-back seamlessly, nor playing loops
seamlessly.  Synching multiple channels is not easy.

One thing you might try is looking at an external called Franklin Audio
(http://www.franklin3d.com/products/franklin-audio).  It provides a bunch of
audio capabilities beyond the stock offerings of LiveCode.  It also doesn't
rely on QuickTime, which could be helpful.  I haven't used it myself to
produce the types of things you're after, but you may have a better chance
using that package.

If you *DO* decide to tackle sequence playback natively in LiveCode, I'd
suggest using imported WAV files.  In my experience, using a player object
(or multiple player objects) simply cannot accomplish the results above. But
even then, your playback options are limited, so the external is probably
your best bet at this point.

Good luck.

Regards,

Scott Rossi