Searching for partial matches in a datagrid

Pete pete at mollysrevenge.com
Wed Aug 10 16:19:48 EDT 2011

I've had the same situation myself and ended up querying the database rather
than searching the datagrid.  Main reason was that it's possible that the
data in the database could have changed since the datagrid was loaded so
filtering the datagrid data might end up with outdated results.  Depends on
the application requirements, locking strategy, etc but that was the best
way to go for me.
Pete