[Server] create stack trouble

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Aug 10 11:28:10 EDT 2011

On 9 Aug 2011, at 19:20, Pierre Sahores wrote:

> Hi Björnke,
>
>  FOR ME  The main goal of using the server's stack component is to let us store our code as password protected libraries

I fixed your point above. The problem is exactly that mindset. This time "your" user case was supported. Are your needs covered in all the other partial features cases? For example your socket needs, using unicode easily without worrying all the time or when revServer did not allow any stacks for 3 years?

The stack is a complex beast, and for a reason. It allows for dozens of different user cases, and to support all of those possibilities, all the stack features need to be available. There is never one use for any component in LC, instead everything hooks together to allow the dozens approaches we all love for achieving a single goal.

Björnke

--
Watch live presentations every Saturday:
http://livecode.tv

Use an alternative Dictionary viewer:
http://bjoernke.com/bvgdocu/

Chat with other RunRev developers: