Searching for partial matches in a datagrid

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 9 18:43:40 EDT 2011

Hi all.

I am hoping there will be a way to search a datagrid for PARTIAL matches. I already can find EXACT matches, and I tried regex on the findIndex command, to no avail. I know that if I cannot I can always get the dgText of the datagrid, but there is a problem with that method. First, the datagrid may contain a huge amount of data, and it seems inefficient to work with strings if I can use arrays instead. Second, if I need to set the dgText of the datagrid to what I find, it will wipe all my hidden data columns, that is array keys which I do not have a column for in the datagrid. I depend on these.

So I can kludge a way to do this, but I was hoping I was simply missing something.

Bob