FTP To and From My Mac

Gregory Lypny gregory.lypny at videotron.ca
Tue Aug 9 16:31:10 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

I’ve got my Mac at work running as a server of sorts and would like to be able to read and write files to it via FTP.  I used the simple GET URL command below and it worked for a 6 KB file but not for a 200 KB file.

get url "ftp://username:password@serverAddress/Users/me/Documents/pathToFile”

How can I get it working for bigger files?  I also tried

	libURLSetFTPMode “active”

but it didn’t get me the bigger file.  Also, it would be nice if the date and time could be retrieved from the remote Mac or from a time server, but I don’t know how to do that.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Gregory