[Server] create stack trouble

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Mon Aug 8 13:01:07 EDT 2011

Robert, on my installation of LIvecode Server, everything you say I've found
to be true, except that I was able to use my preferred suffix .rev instead
of .livecode.

I'm impressed that there are so many things are  *right* and *up to date* in
the docs lately, imho. On this new stuff, there's sure to be discovery
moments for everyone, including the mother ship. We're pioneers here, the
first to use this new version of the server, and I'm frankly quite excited
at the functionality added by these features, many which need be explored
and extrapolated by us.

Runrev is a small company, working at growth in an ever expanding universe
and marketplace. As communicative and involved users, we are helping to
improve and expand the language and systems on the Livecode improve list
every day, and support responds, often within hours.

 I'm currently *grandfathered in* in on the "Improve" list as an enterprise
customer but when it comes time to renew my support contract, I'll be there,
because I like to be on the bleeding edge of this 'Rev world' and, as
several others on the list, consider it a duty to report bugs and anomalies
to the QC database.

It might be unfortunate that all users of livecode are not able to access
the QC database, but I guess support was just getting too much noise in the
entries, and created a 'professional' tier to their services to address
that.

On 8 August 2011 09:26, Robert Mann <rman at free.fr> wrote:

>        revServer memo  :: focus on : server STACKS
>
>         1) USING an existing stack
>        go stack myStack.livecode   :: make sure the correct file extension
> is used
>        effect :: sets the correct message path putting mystack ahead in the
> path
>        getting values and setting values from/to existing fields work fine.
>        getting values and setting values from/to existing custom props work
> fine.
>
>         2) CREATING a new stack
>        create stack myStack  :: works eventhough command is greyed out in
> the
> revServer dictionnary.
>        create card myCard  :: works fine.
>        WARNING ::create field does not work eventhough it is not greyed out
> in the
> revServer disctionnary.
>        USE custom props of card instead, creating & saving cutom props work
> fine.
>
>         3) SAVING a stack
>        • The FIRST TIME a Newly created stack is saved, the form save
> MyStack as
> myStack.livecode must be used
>        stack is saved in the currentFolder, determined by the folder of the
> current .lc file in use
>        • When stack is invoked by the go to stack myStack.livecode command,
> simple save stack myStack works fine.
>
> please check, confirm and i'll then update the docs

Stephen Barncard
San Francisco Ca. USA