Converting HTTP to FTP URL

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 02:59:32 EDT 2011

On 08/08/2011 12:55 AM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jeff-
>
> HTTP PUT is an interesting alternative, but I see two possible
> complications. First of all you'd have to query the Allow headers on
> the server to see if the PUT command is supported, and then come up
> with an alternate strategy if it isn't. Secondly, you'd have to deal
> with the 301 response if you're being redirected to a different URI,
> since the PUT command is very strict about this.

Agreed.

FTP could work as well, but I would advise that the FTP upload be
directed somewhere known so that the rest of the "chain" stays intact.
Just use git or some other SCM so the uploads can be pushed, etc. I'd
still prefer the PUT solution over FTP (personally) because it keeps the
control of what happens in the hands of the server/customer.

Jeff M.