[Server] create stack trouble

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Sun Aug 7 09:15:52 EDT 2011

I have added an enhancement request to the QCC to have 'save stack'
implemented on LiveCode Server, Report #9664

Is there another way to save a stack that I am missing?

Is there a reason why allowing LiveCode server to save stacks would not be a
good idea?

I see it could be a way to store data without having to use a database.
Poking around with stacks in LiveCode server has reminded me of starting out
with Hypercard and realizing how it could be used to store and categorize
information using stacks, substacks and cards.  However if you can't save
the stacks you have to store the data  in a database and  each time a page
is loaded recreate the set of stacks and cards.