[OT] Internet Censorship

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 11:07:53 EDT 2011

Hi warren,

Warren Samples wrote:

> It sounds like you may be disappointed. This is not about how the music
> business works.
> http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2010/12/09/how-music-works/
> http://www.howardgoodall.co.uk/presenting/HMW.htm
> Warren

Actually, my dissapoint is with Sony Music Entertainment and their
insensitive
application of copyright law over fair use in this documental series

Look, I am not the only one. From the brainpickins page that you linked:

"Harmony continues here: 2, 4, 5. (Alas, Part 3 has been gobbled up by
copyright claims — even though the series is not available on DVD or in
any purchasable format. Such is the disposition of copyright Nazis — far
from merely ensuring that creators are compensated for their work,
they’d rather let a cultural artifact rot in obscurity than reach is
wide-eyed audience.)"

More info:
http://fairuse.stanford.edu/Copyright_and_Fair_Use_Overview/chapter9/9-c.html

Hopefully, in a future, Mr. Goodall will replace these specific parts of the
series
and publish the whole documentary in DVD, with subtitles and alternate
languages,

Al