[OT] Internet Censorship

Alejandro Tejada capellan2000 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 02:39:13 EDT 2011

Hi Tim,

Tim Selander wrote:

> It actually was quite interesting. Professionally done -- TV
> maybe, or an educational video for schools? The presenter talks
> about the development of chord progressions in Western music, how
> it started in classical music, and the same chord progressions
> are still being used today. They played clips of, say, Beethoven,
> then cut to modern music -- Bruce Springsteen, Chubby Checkers,
> etc., etc., that use the same chord progressions. My guess is
> that it's the distribution rights on these modern pieces that
> keep the video blocked in Brazil.
>
> Are you really interested in the video itself and wish you see
> it, or are you just curious as to why it's being blocked?

Ideally, I would like to see it.

My curiosity arises from my contact, for many years,
with people from the Music Business.

The stories that I heard from first hand where, at the
time, like tall tales to me... But now, after confirming
from different sources, these stories were in fact,
oversimplifications of the real drama involved in the
Music Business... :-(

Al