Airlaunch 1.0b2

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Aug 5 12:56:33 EDT 2011

On 8/5/11 9:16 AM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> Sooo.. silly banter aside, what is this thing, what can it do for me
> and when to use it?

But BvG, it is so clear to me -- what happened to your telepathy skills? ;)

AirLaunch lets you bypass Apple's methods of installing your test apps
on iOS devices, and lets you install via a wi-fi connection instead.
Normally to install a newly built app for testing, you must connect the
device to your Mac via USB cable, launch either iTunes or XCode, and
drag your standalone there. If you're in iTunes, you also have to wait
for a synch.

AirLaunch bypasses all that. It builds a set of files that you copy to a
server or your Dropbox. (Using Dropbox is the easiest way for now, very
quick.) On the device, you open a browser (or the Dropbox app,) tap a
link, and your app installs. You don't need to mess with cabling,
synching, or launching an Apple application.

> You really should up your [ANN] count, so you can get better at it
> :P

You're right. I'm almost finished testing scripts that upload to the
server from within AirLaunch, which will make installation even easier.
When that's done, I'll [ANN] with more care. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com