Where does survive the inventive user ?

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Aug 4 18:27:19 EDT 2011

> But clearly, having NONE is not the answer.

Well, but it is an answer, until you find the right business case to "ask
the question". I don't think it's a question of if LiveCode could fit the
role or not that HC did. We've been talking about all these great free
stacks HC had (or caused to make), and how that was attractive to something
we now know used to exist. If there was suddenly a free LC with the same
stacks that HC had (modestly updated), that's not to say the market response
would be the same as before.

Given the market now - is there an heir to the inventive user of significant
potential size, and what other qualities/industries define them so LC can be
marketed to them? Figuring out who they are would also necessarily drive
what sort of free project stacks ago should be built.

LC's sitting pretty well as a deployment based, cross platform solution with
mobile, server and desktop - so pursuing the inventive user? Needs a lot
more definition to help drive product development and not be contrary to
where LC's been successful.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President