How to sort on keydown

Admin admin at mfelkerco.com
Wed Aug 3 08:28:09 EDT 2011

Pete,

Taking your advice, I changed the combo boxes to option
drop down controls (ignore the name of cmbGender - it's still a option
box now).

The following no longer works. Please advise on how to fix
these:

 set the label of btn "cmbGender" to "Choose"
 set the label of
btn "optMonth" to "Month"
 set the label of btn "optDay" to "Day"
 set
the label of btn "optYear" to "Year"

I appreciate it.

Mike

On Wed, 3
Aug 2011 00:05:20 -0700, Pete wrote:

> I'm not exactly sure what you
are trying to do but here's a suggestion.
> Sounds like you should use
an option menu and set the text property of it
> in the Inspector
palette to the months in alpha order, one per line. When
> the user
clicks on the option menu, the list of months will appear and if
> they
then type a letter, the entry starting with that letter will be

highlighted.

PM, Admin wrote:

>> Hello everyone. I wrote the following code: on
keydown show field "MonthDropDown" sort items of field "MonthDropDown"
by keydown letter end keydown It's wrong. I know it's wrong. How do I
make it right? (I want the drop down list to end up on the letter of
what the user pressed on keydown, so if they pressed 'd' or 'D' I want
"December" to become highlighted. Thanks everyone. Mike

Links:
------
[1] mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com
[2]